QT Player Challenge - Play Remote Movie

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Apr 17 00:31:42 EDT 2007

<rant> Sadly, my bug 4018  is set to minor and pending, but, that
doesn't change
the reality that playing movies remotely in Revolution is a gamble and
in the
current internet-digital revolution where video is *everything* I fear
we are going
to be left way behind.... </end rant>

I just replicated the bug and have a rock solid recipe.

Challenge: get this movie to play in a revolution player stack *over Wi-Fi*

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/lexicon/Lexicon_Workshop_Tutorial.mov

-------------
recipe to date (experienced both on Windows and Mac)

Connection to internet: direct, hard-wired, ethernet to cable modem
a) play above URL in Firefox: runs fine
b) create rev stack,  1 player "tutorial: 1 btn, script:
on mouseUp
   set the filename of player "tutorial" to
"http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/lexicon/Lexicon_Workshop_Tutorial.mov"
   start player "tutorial"
end mouseUp

both work fine.

Disconnect: go to wi-fi (airport... I've got a full VPN connection to a
box just 8 feet away)

a) play same mov-url in Firefox.... runs fine
b) try in Revolution... crazy stuff happens. but it doesn't play.

Can you get it to work in a Rev Player in  *any and all * connection
contexts?

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com