Best practices in keeping file sizes small

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Apr 16 11:40:36 EDT 2007

You can reduced the size of any Rev standalone/executable by

1. Only using libraries and extensions you actually need.
2. Putting large media files outside the app, instead of imbedding.
3. use the internal compression routines (see compress and decompress
in docs) to store large items.
4. Re-use code.
5. consider breaking down into several stacks and creating an update
system that only updates needed stacks.

And of course zipping the executable before uploading is always a
good idea for transport.

With today's large apps above the 50 MB range, a fully-loaded Rev
standalone will be far less than that.

The Rev application itself should be left alone. If you don't have
room for rev,  you really need a new, bigger drive.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o