Odd behaviour from revMail, why?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Apr 13 14:30:30 EDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:54:00 -0500, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> It's different on every platform and email client; I get different
> results depending on what app opens and what OS I'm running. But I
> think you should enter the above into a bug report, mainly because I
> don't think the revMail handler is written correctly for Linux. Now
> would be a good time to report it, since the team is working on the
> next Linux release right now.

Actually, I tested it under Kubuntu and Ubuntu and got differing
results - on Ubuntu, it launched Firefox and opened up the email
client, perfectly addresses. On Kubuntu it did absolutely nothing. So
I'm not so sure it's Linux-specific - I think the 'mailto:' is being
formatted correctly, but I can tell you from experience that different
mail clients are more finicky than others. Some need to have things
quoted, some don't, etc.

Although it's probably a good idea to post your findings to bugzilla
anyway just so that the team can see your results.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/