Rolling Animation

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Apr 13 00:07:21 EDT 2007

I wonder if someone has already scripted this... I did not find it in
Malte Brill's tutorials:

Rolling wheel or ball:  round object that has distintive colors and
shapes appears
to be rolling forward or backward.

One would have to grok the math for having the rotation match the movement.
i.e. the circumference of the object would define the "length" that it
moved as
at rolled, if this is to look realistic. If speed increase, the rate of
rotation
would have to increase in proportion.

My higher math functions are rusty to non-existent... I *might* be able
to figure it out.  I suspect it is a simple combination of 2-3 functions.

So, before I try to re-invent this "wheel" I thought i would ask here.

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com