AltBrowser newbie question...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Apr 12 20:53:34 EDT 2007

Recently, Jim Carwardine wrote:

> I've just installed AltBrowser and am starting to play with it.  I can't
> seem to get the AltBrowser window to display a url.  I have installed the
> plug-in and also the stack in my application.
> When I look at the docs through the demo, it launches the window *and*
> connects with the rev url no problem.

It might help to duplicate the demo stack and use that as a starting point
for your own stack.  If you're using the code in the demo stack, you'll
notice that it references some stack-based properties to determine whether
or not to display the browser object -- this is an issue that tripped me up
during development.

AltBrowser is an external that brings a smile to your face when it works.
It's a little temperamental (and you can't use it to display PDFs reliably
on Mac OSX), but it is quite cool.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director