OT: I was accepted in Google Summer Of Code.

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Apr 12 17:15:49 EDT 2007

Hello Folks,

I am pleased to say that I was accepted as a student in the google
summer of code program. For those that don't know, the summer of code
is an initiative from google that works like this: Google approve a
number of mentoring organizations, students submit projects to this
organizations, some students are selected and will pass the summer
implementing such project, and google pays for it! :-D

This year 6,200 students applied and ~900 were selected, and I am one
of them!!!! :-D

I will be working with the Haiku Operating System project <http://
haiku-os.org> which was a pet project of mine since forever. Haiku is
a free implementation of an OS that is binary compatible with BeOS
from Be Inc and it is much like old BeOS. My task will be implement a
network preferences application, like the network settings prefs
panel from Mac OS X. Haiku has a young tcp/ip stack and while Haiku
is a full blown GUI Operating System, it lacks such preference panel.
I'll spend the next summer implementing that (as well as my other
projects and contracts).

For more info on GSoC visit <http://code.google.com/soc>
For more info on Haiku Summer Of Code <http://code.google.com/soc/
haiku/about.html>