OS X Preferences menu item

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:21:31 EDT 2007

> On OS X, is it possible to either remove completely (preferred) or
> disable (acceptable) the Preferences menu item in the application's
> menu? I know it's possible as far as the OS is concerned cause I've
> seen other Mac apps where it's either disabled or completely gone.
> But I'm not sure if there's a way to accomplish either of these with
> Rev.

The method I use is to rename the Edit menu to something other than
"Edit", say "EditMenu" instead. Then change the label of the Edit
button in the menubar to "Edit" so it displays correctly. This will
disable the Preferences item just as if you had no Edit menu. It will
also stop the bottom 2 items of the menu being moved, so you will need
to delete them yourself.

Cheers,
Sarah