image data

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Apr 10 17:13:57 EDT 2007

On Tue Apr 10, 2007, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com wrote:

> You can do it if you understand the format that particular image is
> in (JPEG, PNG, etc.) But it's a pain, since the image formats Rev
> supports are none of them as simple as the 4-bytes-per-pixel,
> uncompressed, no-headers format of the imageData.
>
> If you want to manipulate pixels, you'd have to come up with a
> routine to translate the image contents into some format that's very
> like the imageData in any case. So in practice it just makes a lot
> more sense to manipulate the imageData if you are doing filtering or
> similar operations.
> --
> jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
> http://www.jaedworks.com

I would very much like to try out to come up with a routine to
manipulate pixels on the basis of the "text of image" property (to
compare it with the possibilities the imagedata format offers). Where
could I find background information for such an approach?

--Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>