Problems with passworded stacks?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Apr 9 03:15:38 EDT 2007

Tereza,

Bill, you mean if I unlock the stacks at runtime, the stacks will run
normally? Can I do that just once during execution and they'll be
unlocked in memory for the duration? If so, maybe I can set the
passkey(s) at startup EXCEPT in the presence of the IDE and thereby
deny script-reading. Does that sound as if it would work?
<<<

Yes, exactly. Passwords prevent certain modifications to a stack so you
either have to come up with a different method of operation, or unlock them
during runtime the way you describe. Some different approaches would be
adjusting objects that already exist, or segregating stuff that needs to be
modified into a sub-stack that is not protected (passwords apply to a
particular stack, not the whole file).