Work around for Beep not working on RunRev 2.7.x+

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 22:58:11 EDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:

> Richard. it has nothing to do with beeping at users. Multiple beeps
> are VERY useful when debugging without entery the debugging mode and
> following every or most lines of the code. Often much more convenient
> than ssetting break points.

An excellent point. I do seem to remember in HC I spent a lot of time
listening to beep combinations as my scripts ran to confirm 'entry' into
certain segments. Now I seem to do a lot of waiting for the debugger to open
at breakpoints, do a couple of 'steps' to confirm correct branching and then
pressing 'run'.

I know I can put text into the msg box, but usually I'm busy watching data
change in fields so it would be more convenient to have audible 'markers'.
If I remember correctly it was much easier in HC to play notes of different
pitch and duration.