Work around for Beep not working on RunRev 2.7.x+

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 5 13:27:38 EDT 2007

Jim Ault wrote:
> I think of the beep command in Rev as one of the things that has been
> included for backward compatibility.  New users would have no way of knowing
> about the legacy features, and the docs do not cover every nuance, nook and
> crany, so it *is* more of an exercise in trivia.  A very good reason for
> this list and its activity.

The beep command is generally useful enough that it should be expected
to work, legacy or no.

But in recent years the number of times computers beep at you has
greatly declined; these days the beep is used only in the rarest of
data-loss confirmations.

And it's nearly unheard of to beep at a user multiple times; I suspect
this rarity is why any issues with multi-beep sequences hasn't been
discovered before.

Users have a difficult enough life as it is, why would we want to beep
at them multiple times?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal