Windows question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 4 22:23:52 EDT 2007

Lars Brehmer wrote:
> What would cause a standalone made with Rev to not show up in the open
> applications alt+tab window and not collapse to the task bar?

Generally, any stack that is not a top-level stack (palettes, modeless,
etc) will act like that.

> ... a little bit later...
>
> Ok, I have been fooling around and tried something for the first time,
> namely create the Windows standalone on my Windows test machine.  I
> never did this before because it has always worked fine on the Mac and I
> am an idiot with Windows.  Here is what happened - the standalone was
> created just fine, and it collapses properly to the task bar AND it
> shows up in the alt+tab open applications list.

That shouldn't happen. I mean, the behavior you describe should happen,
but it should happen when you build with a Mac too. Did you change the
stack's mode before you built it on Windows?

> But if i need
> to do the standalones in Windows, so be it - but how do I get the icons
> to work?

You shouldn't have to build on Windows, it's very odd. If it's
reproducible, I hope you'll put it into the bug database. I haven't
tried a Windows standalone in 2.8, but it was working fine in 2.7.x. So
if it's broken, it's a new bug and now would be a good time to report it.

For the icons, did you try using a Windows icon editor to save them? I
usually make my .ico files in Windows. I haven't ever had much luck
making them on a Mac (there are commercial utilities that are supposed
to work, but there are so many free Windows editors that I've never
purchased a Mac one.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com