Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 14:59:13 EDT 2007

Jim Carwardine wrote:
> Should have tried it first... I put the .rev on the end of my file name and
> the system recognized it as a rev file but got this message when I tried to
> open it both from inside rev and by double clicking on the file...
>
> Revolution Engine for Win32                     has encountered a problem
> and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Any ideas?  Jim

Hi again Jim,

First I would open Revolution in windows, suspend messages, and then try
again to open the stack through the "open stack" menu command.

If the stack then opens OK I would suspect the problem is caused by
something in a script that runs when the stack opens. Comment stuff
out to try and trace what it is.

On the other hand, if Revolution still crashes, I would first suspect
that the stack file may have got damaged in copying between filesystems.
In that case I'd go back to the original file, make sure that has a .rev
file extension and .zip or .gz it, copy it across again, decompress it
at the destination of course and and try it again, to see if
that makes a difference.

Martin Baxter