Using Shell to copy files

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Apr 4 09:25:13 EDT 2007

On 04/04/2007 at 09:04 AM, "Nic Prioleau" <nickp at didata.bw> wrote:
> Ok, I have found the problem but not the solution... Perhaps you may have
an
> idea...
>
> The server from which I am copying is asking for a username & password to

> gain access. Is there a way to pass the username and password?
>
> Thanks again...
> Nic

I have encountered similar situations. What I do (since I don't know how to
pass authentication inside a UNC path) is run a VBscript via shell when the
application starts. This VBscript will map the network share to a drive
letter. Once that is done, you can either access the remote server by drive
letter or UNC path designation. Such VBscripts are easily found in a google
search.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>