"New Table Object" (sort of) Problem

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Apr 3 16:18:47 EDT 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 12:02 PM, Len Morgan wrote:

> Well, I'm getting close!  Between locking the size and position and
> setting vScroll to true, I can now create a variable length table
> that will scroll if it get too large.
>
> Next Problem:
>
> How do I remove the groups when I do the next query?  Can I get a
> list of the groups that are within another group?  Something like:
>
> repeat with g in (the groups in group "resultsGroup"
> remove group g
> end repeat
>
> I realize that the repeat command isn't "legal" but I think you get
> the idea.  I KNOW I've seen a command that will give you the list
> of fields in a group (although I can't seem to find that either)
> but I want a list of groups that are contained within another group.

You can check the number of controls in a group. Since the name of
the control contains the type of object it is you could do something
like this:

repeat with i = the number of controls in group "resultsGroup" down to 1
   if the name of control i of group "resultsGroup" contains "group"
then
     remove control i of group "resultsGroup"
   end if
end repeat

I would start at the top and increment downward, since removing
controls from the group will throw off the count if you count upward.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University