Question (more or less) about arrays

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Tue Apr 3 11:52:43 EDT 2007

Richard Gaskin a *crit :

> > One option is to return the same thing as when using "the keys of var",
> > IOW the list of the keys of the array...
>
> How would one distinguish between an array and a non-array which
> contains any return-delimited list?

Well, actually, my problem was to detect if a var was empty or not, no
matter if it was an array or a regular variable.
At least my proposition solves my original problem.

As for your question, may be could there be a command named "the arrayNames"
that would list the variables containing arrays ?
Therefore we could use some simple test such as :
    if my var is not empty and my var is among the arrayNames

I'm sure someone will come up with a better idea...

JB