Changing layers of Objects and Groups

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Apr 3 11:21:31 EDT 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 6:25 AM, Dave wrote:

> GroupA
>    GroupB                                    (Inside GroupA)
>      Object1OfGroupB
>      Object1OfGroupB
>      Object1OfGroupB
>    GroupC                                   (Inside GroupA)
>      Object1OfGroupC
>      Object1OfGroupC
>      Object1OfGroupC
>    GroupD                                   (Inside GroupA)
>      Object1OfGroupD
>      Object1OfGroupD
>      Object1OfGroupD
>

> GroupE  (not in a Group)
>
> I have set "relayerGroupedControls" to true via the message box.
>
> I then try to change the later of "GroupE" so that it is "GroupA",
> but it always ends up in one of the other groups (B,C or D) not in
> GroupA.
>
> Any ideas???

Ahh, relayering objects in groups.  The way that groups are
implemented in Rev (using indexes) means that you see some unexpected
behavior when trying to move objects in and around other grouped
objects.

There is a solution though.  If you wanted to move GroupE into GroupA
you would set the layer of GroupE to the layer of GroupA + 1.  If you
wanted to move GroupE to the end of GroupA (after GroupD) you would

set the layer of group "GroupE" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1
set the layer of group "GroupD" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1
set the layer of group "GroupC" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1
set the layer of group "GroupB" to the layer of group "GroupA" + 1

There may be other ways of accomplishing this but I have not been
able to find it.  The only reliable method (meaning controls don't
become children of a group unintentionally) I've found is the above
technique.  I would love to hear if someone has another solution though.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems
trevor at bluemangolearning.com