Mysterious Processor Use - Again

Fred moyer fmoyer at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 19:20:29 EDT 2007

I saw a post to the list from back in April, 2006 about this. I'm
seeing it now with Rev. 2.8. For no apparent reason, the fan on my
Powerbook will turn on. I open Activity Monitor and see that
Revolution is hogging the CPU with 40 - 70% of the CPU. I have no
pendingmessages, no throbbing default buttons, no players.

Whenever this happens I start closing stacks. Inevitably, it is when
I shut a palette that the Activity Monitor goes down to normal. Just
now it was after I closed the "Message Box" that the racing stopped.
Does anyone know about this? Is it a bug? Is there some handler
desperately trying to keep a palette frontmost that is causing the
problem? I don't have a recipe -- it is intermittent.