Yet Another Question

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 05:26:55 EDT 2007

Simon HARPER wrote:
> Sorry to keep hassling the list!
>
> OK so I'm creating a series of notes - now I understand that normally
> I'd just make a new card for each. However how do I handle it if each
> notes is 2 cards (ie I use 2 tabs)?
>

> Cheers
> Si.

Simon,

In a way you answer your own question, it sounds to me like you would
put a tab button on the card, with 2 tabs. Then have two groups, one for
each set of data, which are alternately shown and hidden by clicking the
tabs.

If you expect to have a large-ish number of notes, it could become
inefficient to store them in a stack. Duplicating cards containing many
controls will eventually bloat the stack size, so you would likely need
to think about backgrounded groups to avoid this.

When I do this sort of thing though, I typically would make only one
card, having two groups, and a tabbed button to toggle the groups on and
off. The actual data would be held externally, or at least separately
from the display interface, maybe in text files or whatever is
appropriate. Then just fetched and displayed on demand.

Martin Baxter