Paint Bucket Not working as advertised

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 08:52:12 EDT 2007

Maybe this is a stupid question, But, Hey, I spend
most of my life asking stupid questions: I'm a
philosopher:-

Why would anyone use the paint tools in RR ?

As far as I can see they are some sort of odd,
evolutionary legacy (rather like my appendix) left
over from HyperCard - when things were balck and white
and bitmapped. And, as such, they are not up to much.

Of course, if you really do insist, you could use my
"port" of the Metacard paint tools:

NewPaintTools.rev.zip

I use an external graphics package (GIMP) and import
the results.

My feeling is that Runtime Revolution is a RAD and not
a graphics-editing package; and the sooner folk start
realising that the sooner RR will see the light and
drop the paint tools (which are awful) all together.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.