[OT] Re: Filthy Apples

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri Sep 29 02:44:02 EDT 2006

Monte,

Don't your neighbors get PO'd?

I ask because, I, too, compost much of my household's organic waste.  I
don't have one of those commercial composting bin thingies, so I just use
a 2' x 2' space in my very tiny rear yard and keep it wet and turn it
over occasionally.

I find that the neighborhood rats consider my back yard their home away
from home.  One very sweet little white/grayish rat keeps trying to make a
nest in my barbecue, even though we use it every night!  Each morning, I
find either him/her and/or its newly-made nest on the grill.

I end up with _excellent_ soil and, so far, several excellent
food-bearing accidental plants, but I fear a surprise visit from Vector
Control...

Judy