Classic Emulators...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Sep 27 19:56:29 EDT 2006

On 9/27/06 5:50 PM, "Robert Sneidar" <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> Hi Ken. I was going to install Sheepshaver, but could not get it
> running. Do I have to have to OS 9 already installed? If it's not,
> how do I go about installing a fresh version of OS9?

No, you don't need to have OS 9 already installed (in fact, I installed it
on my MacBook Pro that can't even *have* OS 9 installed). All you need is
SheepShaver 2.3, a valid Mac ROM (instructions are at the SheepShaver site),
and a *generic* install disk of OS 8.x or 9.0.x (you can't go over 9.0.4).
This means you can't use an install disk from a specific computer purchase
because it is targeting a specific Mac model. You need a "universal" install
(as if you'd purchased it at a store). If you have any problems getting it
set up, contact me offlist.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/