Revolution, MySQL vs FileMaker

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 20:19:23 EDT 2006

Insofar as I can remember FM Pro allows 5 connections to a client
running the database, so a client can effectively be a limited 'server'.
You don't need a a copy of FM on every client box, you can use a
browser to get at the data (on FM Server and even in the above
scenario) although some things are unavailable for display on the
browser.
You don't install the Rev stack on client machines, you create an app
that then queries the MySQL (or whatever) database.
Try Rev and see how far you go.

I recall seeing a tool to export FM to MySQL, let me know if you need
it and I'll hunt around.
Have you seen fx.php? http://www.iviking.org/FX.php/     Might be
worth giving it a go if you're ok with php.

Cheers,

Luis.