Saving App-Specific Docs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 26 10:56:07 EDT 2006

Trevor Hopkins wrote:
> From a Rev application, how does one go about creating and writing
> to/reading from a document that is only openable by the Rev app
> itself (i.e., not a text document that anyone can open). I can see
> how to write data to a text document but what about to another type
> of doc that not anyone can get into so easily?

There are many good options for protecting data.  In addition to the
other suggestions posted here, if your security needs are modest there's
a very lightweight but reasonably efficient and easy-to-use encryption
handler posted at RevJournal:

<http://www.revjournal.com/tutorials/handy-handlers-005.html>

Most more "industrial strength" encryption you might also consider Rev's
Blowfish implementation, included in the Studio and Enterprise packages.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal