Revolution 2.7.4 Released

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Fri Sep 22 16:21:03 EDT 2006

Dear List Members,

Version 2.7.4 of Revolution is now available for download here:

http://downloads.runrev.com

Or go to "check for updates" inside Revolution.

Improvements include

*Hover Icon - objects can now be highlighted when you move your mouse
over them, improving the responsiveness of your interface.

*Proportional Resizing - Hold down shift and resize any object
keeping the proportions exactly as you want them

*Multiline tooltips - allows better explanation of your interface

*Insert XML node - Now you can insert data into the middle of an XML
document exactly where its needed

*Zip handling enhancements - you can now add a cancel button to your
progress bar when zipping or unzipping items using the built in
revzip feature.

*More tutorials - Two additional tutorial videos, Outside World and
Layout Printing, and a U3 sampler are now available through
Documentation

*Additionally there are over 40 other enhancements including;
Improved zip file handling; Improved XML handling; IDE stability
improvements; Display entire content of global arrays; improved
debugging; Improved U3 support-new warning in standalone
builder to avoid silent failure.
2.7.4 brings the number of Revolution new releases since January to
four, averaging around one every two months. This means that we are
perhaps the most responsive development environment on the market,
bringing you cutting edge technology as it happens - we were first
with Mac Intel support, first with U3 bringing fast development to
your flash drive, and since version 2.7 we have introduced over 180
new features! It also means we can respond fast to customer requests
for IDE improvements.

This means that customers who are taking advantage of our update pack
policy are really reaping the benefits. If you got your update pack
in January, you are realising by now what a smart move that was. To
help more of our customers on board with our update program, we are
introducing a new 3 month trial period of the update pack. When you
buy a new license, we give you a great deal currently with the
optional bundled update pack, discounting it by 50% over buying it a
year later. Now, we're adding a 3 month free complimentary period as
well. When you buy your first license, you'll get the first three
months of your update pack free. You will then have the option to
take up the remaining 9 months at the bundle price.

To introduce this new trial period, we are having an amnesty for
purchasers of Revolution in the last 3 months, who didn't get the
update pack at time of purchase. If you bought a new license after
22nd July 2006, you will be able to unlock version 2.7.4 even if you
didn't buy an update pack. Just use the code you received on purchase.

No, your license does not expire!

When your update pack is over, you can either renew it, or simply
continue to use the last version you were able to unlock with it.
Your latest copy of Revolution will not stop working.

Warm Regards

Heather

Heather Nagey
Customer Services Manager