Problems With Latest QT 7.1.3 and MC/Rev - Read Up!

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Sep 18 00:10:22 EDT 2006

OK, guys, this one just bit me because I upgraded to iTunes 7 and QT
7.1.3...

If you want to play Flash movies inside a Player object in MC/Rev, there are
two criteria to make this happen:

1) QT 7.1.3 ships with Flash playback capability as a *preference*, and the
preference is by default OFF. To turn it on, go to the QuickTime control
panel, click the Advanced tab, and turn on the checkbox "Enable Flash". If
you have any running apps that need to use Flash through QT, you'll have to
quit them and relaunch them.

2) You MUST use the 2.7 engine (whether in MC or Rev), because with QT
7.1.3, attempting to load a Flash SWF into a Player object in any earlier
version (like Rev 2.6.1 or MC 2.6.6) will cause the filename to be assigned
to the Player object, but it WILL NOT LOAD the Flash SWF.

I don't know what else QT 7.1.3 affects, so if anyone runs into any other
playback anomailes with MC/Rev, please post them...

Thanks,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/