XP Home vs. Pro vs. Embedded

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Sep 16 06:46:48 EDT 2006

On 9/15/06, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Yes, but... they're *not* rdp replacements, for the reasons I've
> already mentioned. They're great at what they do, and the vnc protocol
> is completely cross-platform, but they don't allow for remote logins
> without running into the mousewar situations that accompany screen
> sharing. To be fair, the single-user rdp server built into XP pro has
> some limitations as well, but it's quite a different beast from the
> screen-sharing apps.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I follow you. I guess it is an issue of what you
want to use rdp for. I typically want to logon to a computer at home
or one of my servers. Both VNC and LogMeIn work well for that. I'm not
wanting to 'share a screen' with another, just remotely control
another machine--- that's what I use it for.