Substacks

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Sep 15 10:15:45 EDT 2006

On 9/15/06 6:58 AM, "LunchnMeets at aol.com" <LunchnMeets at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I suppose I'm going to open up a can of worms with this question. What is an
> advantage of using a substack rather than just starting a separate stack? I
> would think separate stacks have an advantage because they can be backed up
> separately.

It depends on application, IMHO. For example, I tend to make dialog boxes
(preferences, "ask list"-style, config windows, etc.) as substacks because I
wouldn't want to see them as separate stacks. Also places where I want to
hold images for buttons, etc. I make a separate substack I call "Resources"
and because all images on a stack and its substacks load when the mainstack
loads, this makes them available but doesn't display them

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/