XP Home vs. Pro vs. Embedded

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 06:23:35 EDT 2006

It might not be *your* program that's having problems. :-(

I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to Windows, but leaving the
Task Manager open so that you can see what resources different apps
are using would probably be a good start. Then leave it all running
and wait until there are problems. Don't you just love intermittent
bugs?

Ian

P.S. A notorious example of memory leaks on OS X is Safari - if you
leave your computer up for long periods of time Safari can easily hit
more than a GB of RAM after being open for a few days, even after you
close most of the tabs and windows...