Can I launch a Revolution program after a Palm sync event?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 14 00:41:33 EDT 2006

On 9/13/06 2:21 PM, "Walton Sumner" <wsumner at im.wustl.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone tried launching a revolution program after a PDA sync? I'd like
> to have a Revolution program that automatically launches on Mac OSX and
> Windows immediately after a sync event, reads backup tables, sends data to a
> distant server, and closes itself. It could provide other services later,
> like analyzing the data from backup tables for display to the user. The user
> could initially set permissions and locate files, but it would be best for
> the process to be transparent and automatic most of the time.
>
> How could you do that?

The only thing I can think of is a "process watcher" app that watches for
the Hot Sync application to load and then disappear from the process list to
indicate that a sync had completed, and then lauches your "after sync"
application and goes back to watching the process list. AFAIK there is no
"event" that a Rev app can tap into...

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software