Call for Media Viewer Test: Windows Users Especially

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Sep 4 23:24:50 EDT 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:
 > That works!

OK, we are learning...

My guidebook to date:

(Disclaimer: no proof for any of this stuff! its from the school of
WHEW-WhatEverWorks)

1) don't use SMIL with multi-seq's with durations
2) don't auto start
3) don't set player names to remote URL's  until the whole UI  stack is
open and loaded
-- the stack is deployed with the filename of the players null
4) set the file name of the player to a remote URL from some button or
menu the user has access to
only *after* the stack is loaded...

Thanks for testing!

Sivakatirswami