"New" DST... how will that impact us?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Oct 31 12:29:44 EST 2006

Well, if we didn't have enough issues with dates, here's a new twist: The
"Energy Policy Act of 2005" was passed through Congress recently and it is
going to cause Daylight Savings Time to start a month earlier and end a week
later starting next year (2007).

Link:
   http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6393658

So since apparently only the US is doing this (am I right about that?), it
would seem to mean that any code the depends on DST starting the first
Sunday in April and ending the last Sunday in October will have to change.
And if the reason PCs and Macs can automatically switch over to DST is
because of "hard-coded" information on the motherboard, then they will have
to change too.

Does anybody know what other computing effects this will have? Also, does
anyone have any info about how Revolution will handle the change? (Perhaps
this is best asked of RunRev...)

Don't want this to be another "Y2K"...

;-)

Ken Ray