[OT] PHP speed question

Marielle Lange mlange at widged.com
Tue Oct 31 10:42:48 EST 2006

> I'm not trying to change this list into a PHP forum, but I have a
> question regarding speed optimization in PHP, especially about data
> accumulation
> into strings... I need to accumulate a large number of pixel values
> into a string before

Excuses excuses... that's just because you know that here you will
get a rapid answer ;-). We should avoid this, however.

First thing, try by changing to one of these:

(1) "$myValue1 $myValue1 $myValue1\t" ;
(2) $myValue1 . ' ' . $myValue1 . ' ' . $myValue1 . "\t" ;
(and     $s0 = '';)

(2) should a priori be the fasted (except that \t has to be in
quotes). Content in "" is interpreted (if you put a variable , then
it is replaced by its value). Content in '' is not.

Otherwise, if you want to explore arrays:
array_push --  Push one or more elements onto the end of array
<http://uk.php.net/function.array-push>
implode -- Join array elements with a string
<http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.implode.php>

For the rest:
PHP Optimization Tricks
<http://ilia.ws/archives/12-PHP-Optimization-Tricks.html>