Careful

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Oct 30 19:07:59 EST 2006

This sounds like something I once got in trouble for doing in the 5th
grade (namely, compile a dictionary of swear words).

My teachers were not amused...

Seriously, though, somebody's actually written a book on the subject:

_The Anatomy of Swearing_  M. F. Ashley Montagu (1967).

_Why We Curse: A Neuro-psycho-social Theory of Speech_ Timothy Jay (1999).

Judy