disabled icons

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Oct 30 11:14:45 EST 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 5:19 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> How does one modify the appearance of the stock disabled icons for
> buttons?  For example, the stock disabled icon for a square button
> with 3D, Border, and Hilite Border checked is transparent... I like
> the way it looks, but need it to be less so.

Mark,

The only way I can think of to do this is to create images of the
icon states you want and use them in transparent, borderless buttons.
The difficulty would be figuring out a way to have the button label
show on top of the icon image instead of under or beside it. I
suppose you could do some fancy work with snapshots of actual buttons
that you modify on the fly... It's starting to sound messy at this
point.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University