Bottoms up about IE7

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 07:25:29 EDT 2006

As an infrequent Windows user the following is
probably a bit naive:

With Mac and Linux changing a browser (I have about 6
on my Mac) does not "fatally bugger up the operating
system" for other bits of software.

Now I know that Microsoft (and, to a lesser extent,
Apple) can be a bit paternalistic, deciding what is
good for their end-users - but I fail to see how
changing a web-browser can affect Runtime Revolution's
web-operability. OR, to put it another way: if
upgrades of standard software packages within an
operating system radically affect how other software
packages function in that OS isn't it time to ask some
hard questions about the OS?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

I have just read and signed the online petition:

   "Hinge & Bracket"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

   http://www.PetitionOnline.com/HandB/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too.  If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and
consider signing yourself.

Richmond Mathewson