Heads up about IE7

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Oct 26 04:07:14 EDT 2006

There were problems reported with IE7's version of wininet.dll back during
beta, especially with certain third-party multiservice instant messaging
clients, Microsoft Money, and with the HP Director software. The problem has
been linked with a new function called InternetGetSecurityInfoByURLW. There
were also some reported issues with retrieving items from the cache.

Unfortunately, I do not know of any site confirming these still exist in the
released version, and there's not MSF TKB article on the topic.

Mark Wieder