Multiple arguments with the filter command

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Oct 25 16:31:04 EDT 2006

I'd think the only 'danger'  in the brute force approach is that if
vContainer were very big, and there were many items in vInputStrings,
it would probably be slow due to the sheer amount of copying going on.

If that were the case, then maybe iterating over the lines of
vContainer might be more efficient, since large chunks of data would
not be copied.

  repeat for each line thisLine in vContainer
     repeat for each item thisItem in vInputStrings
       get thisLine
       filter it without ("*!*" & thisItem & "*!*")
       if it is not empty then
         put it & cr after vNewContainer
         exit repeat -- no need for further tests on thisLine
       end if
     end repeat
   end repeat

This is not tested,  might be even slower!

Best,

Mark