Quicktime Multimedia Authoring - Nearly Dead?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Oct 25 15:32:30 EDT 2006

"Yes, But.." :)

Kinda done it. The support on the Clie is limited to Flash 5 and earlier.
Plus it's a standalone viewer not integrated into the browser, so YouTube
and Google Video are still out. And there are myriad other limitations:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/mobile/articles/sony_clie_9.0.html

I agree it's feasible; just a question of Palm and Adobe working together.
Palm's got a lot of other issues on its hands; the uncertainty around the
platform may be a reason why Adobe and other vendors (notably, Skype) aren't
investing much effort in it. Doesn't mean I love my Treo any less.