Resizable stack with a custom shape

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Wed Oct 25 04:47:15 EDT 2006

Hi Derek,

I am currently working with windows with emty decorations. (I create my
own titelbar) Resizing then surely looks ugly
when growing a stack. (the stack resizes but the "grown", "newly
exposed parts" are first seen as white and then
later get the backcolor)
By the way this always happen if liveResizing is off. (lock screen
doesn't help, it's in the engin I guess)

So I am sure interested in the external you mentioned and I dowloaded
the externals stack.
Unfortunatly I couldn't find the external for resizing in it.
If you have the external and a example I would really appreciate it.

I have done some tests with resizing with a custom shape for the window.
Besides the darned flashing when you grow a window and some sluggishness
It worked more or less. (this was some time ago so I don't remember
exactly
all the problems.) I used a img in a hidden stack which I resized first
to the
right size and then set the windowshape again for my main window
(something like that. I remember ditching it at the time since the
whole stack slowed down
I mean every script became slower, which I never quite understood.)

For what I am developing resizable custom shaped windows are actualy
the most preffered way and I will certainly try it again. So anything
which will help me
on my way is very, very appreciated.
Anything that would improve resizing with liveResizing off, surely is
already a big help.

Best wishes
Claudi