Chunk: no such object

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 24 18:35:38 EDT 2006

Libby Huber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been getting an error message that reads "Chunk: no such object"
> when I
> try to display text from file in a field on the following card ("put it
> into
> field questions of next card"). According to the application browser, the
> object does indeed exist. I've tried referring to the field both by name
> and
> id number, putting the name in quotes, etc.

Is this a converted HyperCard stack? If so, the hcAddressing property is
set to true by default and you must refer to objects the way HC did.
That means that "Field" refers only to background fields, and to specify
a card field you must use "card field 'questions'".

You can set the hcAddressing property of the stack to false and save the
stack. After that, references to objects will work as they do in native
Rev stacks and you don't have to specify the layer. However, this will
break many HC stacks where scripts assume that "button 2" refers only to
card buttons.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com