record sound kills USB audio output

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 20:21:51 EDT 2006

Yep, this is a weird one. I've had it happen with some USB headphone/
speaker sets, finally tracked it down to OS X.

Go to: applications/Utilities/ and double-click 'Audio MIDI Setup'

In 'Audio Output' change the frequency setting from where it's at, as
it has been changed (don't ask me why...). Say change it from 44100
Hz to 32000 Hz and you should have sound pop back.

Rebooting the Mac resets the setting, which is why it gets erm...
'fixed'...!

Let me know if this works/doesn't work in case there's other things
to look at!

Cheers,

Luis.