Resizable stack with a custom shape (was: Re: Transparent stacks...)

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Oct 23 09:51:28 EDT 2006

I know how to make a stack without decorations resizable. I do not know how
to make a stack with a custom window shape resizable. AFAIK, the custom
shape is dependent upon a bitmap template.

If there is a way to create "rounded corners" without a windowshape that
also would be welcome information.

By the way, I downloaded the stack you referenced and sure enough it does
not address my question.

"Eric Chatonet"
<eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com> wrote in
message news:55C71F44-F5DC-47D7-A7BF-E0681F00F829 at sosmartsoftware.com...
Hi Bill,

Le 23 oct. 06 à 15:06, Bill Marriott a écrit :

> What is the recommended way (if there is one) to have a resizable  stack
> that
> also has a custom shape? For example if you wanted to have rounded
> corners.

You have just to script resizing by yourself :-)
The "Managing Resizing" tutorial might help you:
Especially the "Tips and tricks" tab that shows how to make a stack
without decorations resizable.
You will find an example stack and all needed scripts.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/.
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.