msql insert new record

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 22:25:23 EDT 2006

On 10/22/06 4:40 PM, "Robert Mann" <robmann at gp-racing.com> wrote:

> I have put all my table names into
> colnames each separated by a ,
>
> I have also put all new values into colvalues each separated by a ,
>
> can someone tell me the proper format for the following insert statement for
> RR
>
> put "INSERT INTO rider (colnames) VALUES (colvalues)" into tSQL

According to the web site, http://w3schools.com/sql/sql_insert.asp, the
format for the SQL command is the following:

INSERT INTO table_name (column1, column2,...)VALUES (value1, value2,....)

The final string in variable tSQL needs to be.........

INSERT INTO Persons (LastName, Address) VALUES ('Rasmussen', 'Storgt 67')

--thus the values need more than just commas for SQL.

http://w3schools.com/sql/sql_insert.asp
gives examples for most all of the SQL commands.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas