File anming conventions?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Oct 22 18:01:13 EDT 2006

David,

I don't understand what you are doing. If your application decides
which filenames to use by itself, you can just use normal characters,
numbers and a few special symbols which are known to be safe. The
dot, the dash and the underscore, to name a few, should be
sufficient. If the user decided on file names, you should use the
built-in file dialog of the operating system, which just won't allow
for saving files with invalid characters. So, why exactly do you
think there is a problem?

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 22-okt-2006, om 23:42 heeft David Bovill het volgende geschreven: