Transparent stacks....

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Oct 22 16:23:11 EDT 2006

Hi David,

> How can I create a transparent stack? But one which does not pass
> mouseclicks to the applications behind?
>
> Interestingly if you set the blending of a stack to 94% - you
> barely see it
> and mousclicks are still trapped by the stack. But at 95% and
> higher all
> mouseclicks pass straight through the stack.

really? Will have to test it myself to believe :-)

> For Windows?
>
> Blending
> Is there a way to over-ride a stack blending at the control level -
> that is
> have controls which are not transparent and a stack that is - or do
> I have
> to use an apha channel?

If a stack is transparent (blendlevel) then all controls are too!

You could use a "windowshape" with a carefuly created image where all
the
locs where you want to have controls are 100% opaque and all other
parts of
the image are as tranparent as you need.

Know what I mean?

> Would the use of inks help?

Not really ;-)

Regards