Open Letter to Rev: Quality Is Job #1

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Sat Oct 21 05:18:01 EDT 2006

Dear List members,

First, an apology from me: I just don't have time to read this list
like I used to. I miss you all and the great conversations here, but
I have to focus first on direct customer support and other
activities. I'm still list mom, but I have delegated a certain amount
to others.

Ok, so. Bill. Please, please please, write to support.

support at runrev.com

Believe it or not, we WANT to hear from you. If you, or anyone else,
is unhappy with a new Rev release, any new Rev release, and most
particularly if it is CRASHING on you, WE NEED TO KNOW. If you
haven't got time or don't know how to use bugzilla, at least send a
heads up to support. We'll follow it up as best we can, we'll try and
help you pin down why it is crashing, and if necessary we'll make
that bugzilla report ourselves. Yes, it has to arrive in bugzilla
somehow, eventually, or the dev team may miss it. We love people who
use it themselves - that url again

http://support.runrev.com/bugzilla

but we do understand that some people don't have time or don't know
how to use it. We still need to hear about your problems. Its nice to
get email saying how wonderful Rev is (and we do get that too!) but
what we need is the problems, because if we don't know, WE CAN'T FIX
THEM. Yes, sometimes some members of the team read this list, but its
not a substitute for a bugzilla report. We can't afford to let the
dev team spend their precious time on reading lists and trying to
collate maybe bug reports and sift them out from code errors by the
user.

I don't know how many of you here also get the newsletter... another
url coming up...

http://www.runrev.com/newsletter

but if you do read that, you'll know that in addition to our inhouse
testing, the wonderful improve list and bugzilla, we are adding
conference focus groups to our beta testing. We realise that actually
seeing you guys using the program is incredibly valuable. If I can
persuade any more of you to join us in Malta (Bill??) I'd be thrilled
and so would the team. We need you! Rev needs you! Please come, there
is still time!

http://www.runrev.com/newsletter/october/issue11/newsletter5.php

If anyone else here is interested in joining a new intensive beta
test program, please email me, at support at runrev.com, and we'll see
what can be set up in terms of remote testing as well as hands on
focus group testing.

We care. We do fix things we can reproduce. We keep on keeping on
because you are all great, because Rev is great, and because Rev +
Users = Great New Software. We aren't perfect, and neither is Rev,
and everyone on this list is human ... sometimes we rub each other
the wrong way, but we're all here to move forward. Lets do that!

warm regards to all

Heather Nagey
Customer Services Manager and listmom
Runtime Revolution Ltd