Open Letter to Rev: Quality Is Job #1

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Oct 20 20:19:52 EDT 2006

> > Runtime doesn't get these reports. The only way to be sure that the
> > team sees your report is to enter it into Bugzilla. That is the one
> > and only venue that assures the problem will be noticed.
>
> Just an example of the Rev team limiting their awareness ("we
> don't read the
> listserv") at the expense of product quality.

The core engineering team uses Bugzilla. If they have to spend time sifting
through other venues that's time they cant spend on fixing and featuring
Rev. Engineering also reads the Improve list, but again, there's a limit to
the amount of time they can spend on that.

I will admit that there is a certain amount of squeaky wheel getting the
grease through other venues, too. A lot of Runtime employees read the list,
more participate in the forums and on the Improve list. If you are a
RevSelect vendor, there is a weekly 1 hour chat session for planning. Its
not for rev issues but, very rarely an issue does get mentioned sorted
through and escalated as a result. But if it isnt in Bugzilla, its clearly
not important enough to anyone to investigate.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations
Runtime Revolution, Ltd