Open Letter to Rev: Quality Is Job #1

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Oct 20 16:16:41 EDT 2006

Mark,

Normally I'd agree with you, and this is why I tried to specifically address
WHY I don't feel Bugzilla is the appropriate avenue at this point, in my
original post. To oversimplify, I feel end-user bug reporting is good for
helping to track down obscure or difficult-to-pin-down issues -- NOT
addressing core problems that should be obvious with cursory examination.
Sure there's a huge range of things in between, but hopefully you get my
gist.

It's moot now, as my trial of 2.7.4 is expired. I'll have to wait-and-see
for the next version.

Like I said, it takes time to file these reports, and my job is NOT to do
free, full-time QA for Rev. Surely as a QA professional you can understand
the value of such work.