Nobel prize

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Oct 20 11:54:47 EDT 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 4:49 AM, Mark Smith wrote:

> I am insanely pleased with myself for having come up with a
> function to calculate the distance between two points,

That will work, and Bill's comments will make it improved.  (I have
not received his mail, still in Carnivore I assume, but I have seen
your reply.)

The most time consuming part is the square root.  So, if you only
need to _compare_ distances (as in this point A is closer to point B
than point C is), then compare without the square root.

Dar